The Starboard Hyper Nut AST Electric is a wide nose/tail surf board designed especially with bigger riders in mind that is available in several different sizes ranging from 6’9″-8’6″. The 8′ board is designed to accommodate riders up to 220 lbs. The 31.5″ width makes the board very stable and forgiving, but does not sacrifice hull speed, acceleration or the ability to carve on a wave. The Advanced Sandwich Technology (AST) used in the construction of the board leads to a stiffer, more durable hull design.
The Hyper Nut is equipped with a super grippy deck pad, FCS fin compatible. For a board as short as it is, the added width throughout makes it super stable in the surf. This board is perfect for river surfing or catching swells out in the ocean. The bottom is shaped with a mono-concave that feeds through to a channel tail.
|Suggested Rider Weight||140-220 lbs|
The amazing shape allows for super-tight turn radius for carving while still retaining rapid acceleration and speed.
Board Construction Technology
- The Advanced Sandwich Technology has a 15 kg/m3 fused cell core for light weight and increased water resistance.
- A three-dimensional glass laminate is wetted out with high grade expanding epoxy resin, creating a thicker impact resistant outer skin with increased overall hull strength.
- A 500 kg/m3 veneer of 0.6mm uni-directional Australian Pine forms an outer layer on the deck resulting in extra impact resistance, rigidity and further improved overall hull integrity.
- 300 grams uni-directional glass stringers are laminated flat on the deck and wrapped on fore rails in front of the standing area to support integrity while in surf conditions.
- Extra reinforcements are placed around all inserts, resulting in zero insert damage reports so far.
Starboard Hyper Nut Video
Post Sponsored by: