Since the water is getting colder and I’m not out paddling as much I decided to install a new board rack to keep my Boardworks Kraken touring board up out of the way. It’s a big board at 12’6″ so I needed a really solid rack to put it on. I went with the Touring Paddleboard Storage Rack made by Store Your Board.
This rack seemed ideal since the arms were removable for when not in use. Additionally, you have two options for the angle of the arms that allow you to store your board flatter or more angled. Here are my thoughts on the touring rack…
- Solid steel construction makes the rack very durable and supports boards up to 60 lbs
- 27″ arms, fits larger sups like touring boards
- Padded arms to protect the board
- Removable arms that can be placed at different angles
- None that I can think of. The rack is very solid and does exactly what you want. The arms are pretty long on this model so if you are storing a smaller board I would go with one of their other great options.
Check out Store Your Board for this and other SUP racks. If you are going to hang your board on a rack make sure to always drill into a stud to ensure a strong mount. I have used drywall anchors in the past and have had some problems with them ripping out of the wall.
Post sponsored by: